Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Midnight Prayer 3


As Thy love for me, O Lord Jesus, is a prevenient love,
and as Thou makest me worthy of Thy love,
by first loving me,
attract and gain my heart,
and confirm it in Thy love.
Grant that, detached from all things,
and uninfluenced by the allurements of self love,
I may breathe only Thy love;
that I may be engaged with Thee alone and attentive only to Thee,
and neither seek nor love anything but Thee alone,
in all things.

Be Thou, my most amiable Saviour,
the reigning object and sovereign good of my soul.

Grant that,
animated by Thy spirit,
formed upon Thy example,
faithful to Thy graces,
and obedient to Thy orders,
I may live
for Thee,
from Thee,
and like Thee,
in order to commence that occupation on earth
which I hope to continue in the new heaven and the new earth,
which is to possess
and to love and to enjoy Thee
forever and ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment